[New: an email list – see the foot of the page!]
- why grammar is worth teaching in UK schools, both in English lessons and in foreign-language lessons.
- what grammar can and should be taught.
- how it can be taught successfully.
- how and why it is taught in other countries and at other times in this country.
- how to boost your own knowledge of grammatical ideas and terminology.
The material is divided into tabs as follows:
- About: this page
- Context: the historical, geographical and governmental context of grammar teaching
- Why? – why teach grammar?
- How? – what are the best ways to teach it effectively?
- What? – what grammar to teach?
- Who? – a list of all the authors who are listed in the other pages
- Self-help – how to brush up your own grammatical knowledge
We’ve also just (in 2015) created an email list for the discussion of grammar-teaching: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to use it, either for receiving or sending, you have to subscribe first.