Projects on grammar teaching in the UK
The following is a list of current or recent projects in UK universities relevant to the teaching of grammar.
- Exeter University: The Centre for Research in Writing (leader: Debra Myhill)
- Grammar at GCSE
- Development in Metalinguistic Understanding and its relationship to development in writing
- Choice and Control: Improving Writing Through Embedded Attention to Grammar
- Grammar for Writing – Shaping Policy and Practice
- Grammar for Writing? The impact of contextualised grammar teaching on pupils’ writing and pupils’ metalinguistic understanding.
- UCL: The Survey of English Usage (leader: Bas Aarts)